Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Mission Call

I was on the golf course (of course) when i got the text message from my mother.
"Guess what i got today" my mother sent

"my call?????"

i could not believe i have been waiting for this moment my entire life. I never thought it would come and when it did i was way to excited to know what to do. My teammate mike wanted to hit some golf balls but i told him were going back to the DORMS cause i am getting my call today.

THE DILEMA

Did i want to open it myself or did i want my parents to mail it to me. I went back and forth for about 15 minutes but i knew that i could simply not wait any longer. I had to have it today.

When i got back i called a few people because i didn't want it to be a big deal. We had to wait forever for Kiley to get out of conference it seriously felt like an eternity.

Finally the moment arrived and i started to read the letter but as soon as i got to where i was suppose to go serve i couldn't read it. Not because it was difficult to say but because we scanned
it and the letters were not all there but then i saw it SALT LAKE CITY MISSION. i was stunned needless to say.

I could not believe that I Matthew Hunt was called to Salt Lake City. At first i was disappointed. Then after that and some great phone calls from friends and family i quickly realized that is where the Lord wants me to be so that is where i will go. I am now humbled to have this great experience to represent the Lord our Savior and my Church.

I report July 8th, I simply cannot wait to serve in Salt Lake City

2 comments:

  1. We are proud of you Elder Hunt. Mom and Aunt Debbie were in your mission Saturday, near the mission office, weird. You will be a great missionary. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats the best news ever because you are going to the best mission ever! I speak from experience because I just got home from my mission there! I loved it so much!!

    ReplyDelete